I always like to have some type of getaway planned for early in the year. After a long winter in the UK this year and putting up with the stormy conditions, it is nice to have something to look forward to.
|Paris is among the recommendations by Patricia Bech for a Spring break|
If you are looking for a few quick ideas to explore, here is a summary of some of my favourite places to visit early on in the year:
- Skiing in Europe: With France, Switzerland, Austria and Italy all on the doorstep, there are plenty of opportunities for you to enjoy some snow before it is too late.
- Sunshine in Morocco: Marrakesh is particularly appealing in spring because you will find a warmer temperature and also a healthy dose of culture.
- Romance in Paris: Paris is one of the most romantic cities in the world. It is a lovely place to visit in spring and also not too far away.
- Fun in the Caribbean: The weather is still nice and warm in the Caribbean come spring and it is just ahead of the stormy season, so make the most of the climate before it turns.
- Lovely London: If you don't want to leave the UK but still want a mini break, then London is lovely for a city escape. There is so much to do in the city.